Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finding Your Style - Sara Patton - Athens Ohio Fine Art Portraiture Photography

I've been trying to pinpoint my style for months now. I think it's the most important thing in finding yourself, as an artist. To know what makes you tick, what moves you, what inspires you to do better, create more.

For me, it's mainly the beauty of nature, outdoors, and femininity. I'm going for emotive, artistic, and dreamy. I like all things vintage and aged. I want my photographs to be compelling and to invoke deep thought in the viewer. I want it to be felt, as well as seen. And I want a story to be told in each photograph.

That is my style.

I work and act on beauty. It's that simple.

Anyway, as far as style goes, I knew what I liked, what I wanted to do, but couldn't master it how I wanted to after the fact.

But I think I'm getting closer.

And I feel I nailed it with these:




A mix of nature, beauty, emotion, and whimsical dreaminess. THAT is what moves me :)